For a while I've been toying with the idea of having 'office hours' once a month, or every few months (as time allows me). This would be a time when a player such as yourself could come and speak with me about Sindome related things in a 1 on 1 situation.
Possible Topics Include
* Questions about how to approach the game
* Ideas for improvements
* OOC Problems you have witnessed
* OOC Concerns you have
* Constructive Feedback on the game
* Light coaching on the theme & RP
* Plenty of other stuff
At the Town Hall we talk about these things at a macro level but it doesn't leave much time to discuss them individually, or with much of a back and forth.
I've wanted to do this for a while and I think it could be really valuable. I am not setting a specific format or time limit for this first Office Hours day, other than the following.
Basic Office Hour Policy
1. Have some idea of what you want to talk about when you come in
2. There will be a queue.
3. There won't be a time limit per say, but depending on how many people are waiting, and my own time constraints, I may enforce a limit.
4. Unless you specifically ask for the discussion to be private, it will be logged and shared with the rest of the staff.
5. Anyone can come talk with me
6. You can talk to me about anything about Sindome IC or OOC, but our normal rules apply. You aren't getting any IC info :)
7. There is no guarantee that issues you bring up will be seen as issues by me or the rest of the staff and thus, no guarantee anything will change. However, I will happily listen and make sure you feel heard. That's important and everyone deserves it.
So, all that being said... I will be online for much of this Saturday, December 1st. Starting let's say at around 8 or 9AM DST, and until I call it a day. That should be probably around 8 or 9PM DST. So a good 12 hours.
During the day I'll do shouts about office hours being open and how many people are in the queue and such to keep everyone informed.
Hopefully folks find this to be an interesting, accessible way to discuss things with a Senior Admin. I know I am looking forward to it.