I've played a bunch of RPI games for a long time.
Sindome has the best mix of:
- staff I trust to do the right thing (remembering that no one is perfect, and everyone will have off days). This is number one for me, because games rot from the head. All RPI games have had a checkered past with this, including Sindome. But this seems to be the place that is trying the most to have staff accountability and integrity. Staff-player relations seem pretty good and mostly consistent.
- the playerbase seems pretty reasonable and not toxic. Every game will have its bad apples, but overall, I like the people I imagine are behind the screen. (This may be because I never use the OOC chat channel).
- interesting roleplayers
- active development. Sindome's additions in the last year have been amazing.
- a functioning economy so that in-game resources are meaningful (I think this holds up until the late game for characters), which promotes conflict. Other RPIs do not compare favorably here.
- a permadeath system that isn't overly punishing, which promotes conflict and risk-taking, while making IC sense
- a skills system that does not reward brainlessly practicing skills all day to raise them
- probably the most support for IC player content creation, like art and music (both in terms of relevant faction positions, and in terms of the playerbase enthusiastically supporting it). See the point about active development. Radios will contribute to this with some more work, and they're brand new.
Sindome struggles in some areas, and has gotten some big things wrong in the past, from my forum archive reading. But it gets a lot right.