Once you have a goal in mind, do things ICly to make it happen. Recruit help, make plans, purchase supplies. @note your progress and your intent.
If at some point along the way you need an NPC to do something, go talk to them. If they are busy (not responding) submit a @puppet request. Maybe they will help. Maybe they will charge you dearly. Maybe they tell you to go screw yourself and you need to replan.
If you are doing all the above and involving many players, the GMs are more likely to take notice and pitch in. And they will work your puppet requests (though not always to the outcome you expect). And they will try and make the world react in a way that is themely and consistent to you and your teams actions.
So. Robbing a store might look like this:
- Add an @note stating your goal
- Start getting others in on it, adding notes as to your progress
- If you need something from NPCs, talk to them and use puppet requests if needed
- Work out a plan and @note it
- Buy equipment and @note it
- If you are not sure what you need to get a job done, ask someone PC or NPC and note it
- Let the GMs know with a note as you approach action day. They might need to schedule things with you
- xhelp before making your move and get the go ahead
That's a general outline in a nutshell. It's just using the basic tools to make things happen. Also keep in mind that the GMs will be handling things as you go but there is no guarantee that the result will be what you want. The plan might fail. It might get derailed. But it should all contribute to a fun story and great RP!
Players who can create plots like this and drive them are highly valued. Give it a go!